Hollókő Old Village has been part of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1987. The houses of the original village were destroyed by fire in 1909.
The castle was build by Tamás Királyfalvi Roth and his wife Borbála Wattay in the middle of the 18th century and it became the property of the Teleki family and later the Dégenfeld family through marriage.
The town of Szécsény is easily accessible by car or by bicycle. Sights include: the baroque style Fransiscan Church and Monastery, the former Forgách Palace (presently the Ferenc Kubinyi Museum) and the leaning Fire Tower, built at the beginning
This open air swimming pool is the only hot water pool in the area. There are two pools in the complex, fed by thermal water coming from a depth of 426 metres. The water temperature is 33 degrees celsius.
The Fossil Park is also called the ’palóc Pompeii’ and can be found 2km from the village of Ipolytarnóc in Nógrád county. A volcanic catastrophe destroyed the ancient habitat and preserved its 20 million year old history.
The castle was first constructed by the Kacsics noble clan in the middle of the 13th century after the Mongol invasion. The castle was first mentioned in records in 1310 as Castrum Hollokew.
Gyöngyöspata is located 11km from the town of Gyöngyös at the foot of the Mátra mountains. The main attraction of the village is the 12th century church built in honor of the Virgin Mary, which is one of the most important gothic Hungarian buildings.
The Mátra museum is located in two buildings one being the former Orczy Castle. Here you can see the permanent exhibitions of hunting, local history, minerals and paleontology.
The main attraction of Bér village are the rare andesite columns. There is a tourist track from the village leading to the site. The columns form ridges in some areas, in other places they are almost vertical.